WES Advisor Blog

Trusted Advice for Academic and Professional Success

New E-Guides for Internationally Trained Health Care Professionals

Thursday | January 2, 2020 | by WES Global Talent Bridge

how to become a dentist in usa

Are you pursuing a career in health care in the United States?

If you were originally trained in a health care profession overseas, you might need additional training or certifications in order to practice in the U.S. However, internationally trained newcomers often find it confusing to figure out what credentials are needed once they arrive.

To help you make the best decisions for your professional success, WES Global Talent Bridge has just released two e-guides:

Each free e-guide offers step-by-step instructions for building your health care career in the U.S. They also provide a list of state-specific resources to support you during your job search.

You will find an overview of licensing and certification requirements for jobs that are considered “regulated professions” in the United States.

However, many people find it difficult or costly to earn a health care license in the United States. Others simply wish to start over, without sacrificing their previous education and training. Therefore, the e-guides also explain how you can use transferable skills to pursue alternative careers. That way, you can look at jobs that are related to your field, but do not require the same licensing.

Get the E-Guide: Allied Health

Get the E-Guide: Dentistry

Both of these free e-guides are part of the Career Pathways series from WES Global Talent Bridge. The series helps internationally trained immigrants find work in, or related to, their established fields once they relocate to the U.S.

What Are Career Pathways E-Guides?

Career Pathways e-guides are an all-in-one resource for skilled immigrants who want to apply their education and skills in the U.S.

Each guide focuses on a specific subject. They are created to inform skilled immigrant professionals.

In addition to Allied Health and Dentistry, previous topics include:

  • Nursing
  • Information Technology (IT)
  • Pharmacy
  • Architecture

Find all of our free e-guides here!

Can E-Guides Help You Find Work in the United States?

Career Pathways e-guides will help you understand the steps involved to work in allied health or dentistry in the U.S. You will discover what it takes to obtain the correct credentials in each state. Additionally, the e-guides will direct you to the appropriate licensing bodies and organizations along the way.

You can also find advice to steer your career, whether you are just starting out or have already trained overseas as a health care professional.

Once you choose a path, the guide will help you find state-specific information about achieving your new goal. Good luck!

Related Reading

25 Essential Job Search Tips for Immigrants

WES Global Talent Bridge is a program dedicated to helping skilled immigrants fully utilize their talents and education in the United States and Canada. Global Talent Bridge joins with institutional partners and community organizations to help skilled immigrants leverage their training, achieve their professional goals, and contribute their talents to their full potential.