World Education Services (WES) collects information required to evaluate educational credentials. WES recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of the persons who submit their credentials for evaluation. Any information shared between applicants and WES is protected in accordance with applicable laws and the policies stated below.
WES collects full name, address, email address, telephone and fax numbers and other directory information that is provided by applicants. An applicant’s personal information is used only in connection with the evaluation of his/her credentials. WES does not release information pertaining to an applicant or his/her credentials to third parties except as follows:
- to officials at the home institution or relevant educational authority in order to verify the authenticity of documents;
- to authorized officials at institutions, agencies, or other recipient institutions that an applicant has designated as a recipient for his/her evaluation report;
- to other international credential evaluation services and appropriate authorities in cases of confirmed fraudulent or forged documents;
- to comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena.
WES will also confirm, without consent from the applicant, whether an evaluation report was issued by WES.
What Information Does WES Collect Online?
- Application Information: The WES Application requires personal information such as mailing address, institutions attended, etc. Such information is used only for the purpose of evaluation. Educational information, however, may be shared with the designated recipient(s) of the evaluation and the institution(s) listed on the application.
- E-mail Information: If you choose to provide an e-mail address, WES will correspond with you via e-mail and will retain the content of your e-mail messages together with your e-mail address and WES’s responses.
How Does WES Use the Provided Information?
WES uses personal information solely for the purpose of evaluation. WES reserves the right to contact both the recipients of the evaluation and the academic institutions that the applicant has attended to request further information on programs of study, verification of documents, etc.
How Does WES Secure Information Transmissions?
The WES application form uses a secure server, which protects your data from being observed in transmission by a third party.
Does WES Disclose Information to Outside Parties?