Many applicants can now upload copies of degree certificates and translations in My Account.
This is not a requirement for all applications, so you can disregard this post if you have already submitted your degree certificates and translations or if they are not listed in your Required Documents.
Note: This feature is for degree certificates and translations only. Do not upload your academic transcripts or marksheets. Academic transcripts must be submitted according to the terms listed in your document requirements.
Here are the steps to take to upload your degree certificates and translations:
- Log in to My Account.
- Go to your Account Timeline and scroll down to the Upload Degree Certificates and Translations section.
- Click the Upload Document button to begin.
- The next screen to appear is the Document History page. Any files you upload will be listed here. Click the Upload Document button to proceed.
- A new window will pop up giving you the option to view your Required Documents prior to uploading your degree certificates and translations. Please review this list to ensure that you are uploading the correct documents. As mentioned previously, do not upload academic transcripts or marksheets. Click the Next button to proceed.
- The next window is where you can either drag and drop your files or click the Browse button to upload from your device. Once you have uploaded your files, be sure to click the Preview button next to each file to ensure you uploaded the correct documents and that the images are clear and of high quality. Once you submit your documents, you cannot delete them. Check the box next to I understand, then click the Submit button.
- When a file has been uploaded successfully, it will appear on the window. Click the Close button to return to your Document History list where all your uploaded documents will be listed.
Please note the following requirements before you send us your documents:
- Upload only PDF or JPEG files.
- The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- Do not password-protect your PDF.
Note: Your account status may not change after you upload your files. We will review your certificates and translations only after we receive your academic transcripts via postal mail or electronic transmission, as outlined in your required documents.
What to Do If You Encounter an Error
During the document upload process, here’s what to do if you encounter an error:
- Something went wrong: This error may indicate that your session timed out, or the upload was interrupted in some way. Please make sure you are logged in to your account and retry the upload.
- File type: You may see an error that states “The file type you uploaded is not supported. Please upload a PDF or JPEG file.” This indicates that you have uploaded a file that isn’t supported. Convert your file to JPEG or PDF format and retry your upload.
- Size: You may receive an error indicating that the file you uploaded exceeds the 10 MB size limit. In this case, you need to resave your file to reduce the file size and reupload.
- Image quality: All files must be clear and legible. If the file you uploaded does not meet our image quality standards, you’ll need to get a clearer image of your document and retry your upload.
- Password-protected or incompatible PDFs: If you have password-protected your PDF or get an error that we can’t access your PDF, try generating a new PDF or converting your PDF to a JPEG file and reupload.
If none of these fixes work for you, please contact us and we’ll help troubleshoot your file.