SIIP communities are selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to initiatives that foster the professional success of immigrants and refugees with international education and experience
- Evidence of a robust network of multi-sector stakeholders that is inclusive of immigrant- and refugee-led organizations and BIPOC communities
- Commitment to supporting a rigorous program evaluation process
- Strategic alignment with WES mission and goals
Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2021.
Resources to Prepare Your Application
Communities working to advance outcomes that align with four broad themes are invited to apply:
- Enhancing and improving the workforce development system to better serve internationally trained immigrants and refugees
- Engaging employers in recognizing and leveraging immigrant and refugee talent
- Finding the levers in higher education or adult education to more fully support immigrants and refugees with international credentials in professional and academic pathways
- Addressing barriers to integration related to professional licensing and regulated professions
Click here for examples of successful past outcomes related to these themes.
Read through the application questions to prepare your responses.