In this career, your responsibilities may include:
- Supervising teams that are working on the development of new products
- Directing your teams’ research and setting goals
- Compiling and organizing data from your teams’ research for upper management
You can find more information about this career at this website.
Typically requires a master’s degree in a related scientific field. Obtaining a doctorate can make you eligible for careers with greater responsibility and higher salaries in this career pathway, if you do not already have the U.S. equivalent of a doctorate.
You may be eligible for one of the following certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.
- Lean Certification, offered by the Lean Certification Alliance, a partnership of the Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), the Shingo Institute, and SME (formerly the Society of Manufacturing Engineers). Lean Certification is offered at the Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels requiring 0, 2, or 5 years of related work experience respectively.
No licensure is required to work as a Research and Development Manager.