How to Apply
To apply for the WES Gateway Program, eligible individuals need to be referred by a designated referral partner.
The WES Gateway Program is currently available to individuals who:
- Possess at least one piece of credible evidence issued by their academic institution
- Were educated in one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine, and Venezuela
- Are referred to WES by a designated Canadian partner organization
For a list of referral partners, see below.
Note: Whenever possible, WES recommends that applicants use its standard evaluation process. If you are able to submit standard country-specific required documents, please start your application here.
WES works with partner organizations across Canada to refer clients to the WES Gateway Program. Our designated partners are listed below.
Note: If you cannot find an organization in your region, please contact us (select “WES Gateway Program” as the question category).
Referral partners for the WES Gateway Program include:
- ACCES Employment (Greater Toronto Area, ON)
- Access Centre for Regulated Employment (London, ON)
- Achēv (Greater Toronto Area, ON)
- Arab Community Centre of Toronto (Toronto, ON)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary, AB)
- AXIS Career Services (St. John’s, NL)
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society (Calgary, Okotoks, High River, Banff, Brooks, AB)
- Catholic Crosscultural Services (Greater Toronto Area, ON)
- Catholic Social Services (Edmonton, AB)
- Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (Greater Toronto Area, ON)
- COSTI (Greater Toronto Area, ON)
- Goodwill, The Amity Group (Halton Region, ON)
- Halton Multicultural Council (Halton Region, ON)
- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS) (Halifax, NS)
- Jane Alliance Neighbourhood Services (Toronto, ON)
- Jumpstart – Refugee Talent (Nation-wide)
- JVS Toronto (Toronto, ON)
- Lethbridge Family Services (Lethbridge, AB)
- London Cross Cultural Learner Centre (London, ON)
- MOSAIC BC (Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, New Westminster, Port Moody, BC)
- The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County (Windsor, ON)
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (Province-wide)
- Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO) (Ottawa, ON)
- Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services (Greater Toronto Area, ON)
- Saskatoon Open Door Society (Saskatoon, SK)
- Skills for Change (Toronto, ON)
- Success Skills Centre (Winnipeg, MB)
- Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON)
- YMCA of Niagara (St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Thorold, ON)
These referring organizations confirm applicants’ eligibility, submit documents for evaluation, and provide additional information and resources to support program participants in achieving their professional and academic goals in Canada. WES will update this list as we add more referral organizations across the country.