How to Apply
The WES Gateway Program is currently available to individuals who:
- Possess at least one piece of credible evidence issued by their academic institution
- Were educated in one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine, and Venezuela
- Are referred to WES by a designated Canadian partner organization
For a list of referral partners, see below.
Note: Whenever possible, WES recommends that applicants use its standard evaluation process. If you are able to submit standard country-specific required documents, please start your application here.
WES works with partner organizations across Canada to refer clients to the WES Gateway Program. Our designated partners are listed below.
Note: If you cannot find an organization in your region, please contact us (select “WES Gateway Program” as the question category).
Referral partners for the WES Gateway Program include:
- ACCES Employment
- Access Centre for Regulated Employment
- Arab Community Centre of Toronto
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Centre for Education & Training
- Centre for Immigrant and Community Services
- Halton Multicultural Council
- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS)
- Jane Alliance Neighbourhood Services
- Jumpstart – Refugee Talent
- MOSAIC BC
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services
- Skills for Change
- YMCA of Niagara
These referring organizations confirm applicants’ eligibility, submit documents for evaluation, and provide additional information and resources to support program participants in achieving their professional and academic goals in Canada. WES will update this list as we add more referral organizations across the country.