Have you ever wondered what your international credentials are worth? Are you curious about their U.S. or Canadian degree equivalency?
Why a Preview?
When properly evaluated and recognized, your educational credentials can open doors for you as you pursue your education and career goals in the U.S. and Canada. You will get a quick idea of how your international degree would be viewed in either of these two countries. Additionally, having an idea of your degree equivalency can help you better prepare to study abroad or immigrate.
How It Works
WES has developed a quick, simple online tool that allows you to enter the post-secondary degree (or degrees) you have earned, and obtain an instant U.S. or Canadian equivalency preview.
The five steps below will guide you through the process:
- Decide which country to choose. WES provides U.S. and Canadian equivalency previews, so you can select either country. Most people select the country that is their study abroad or immigration destination country.
- Once you have selected a country, you can access “U.S. equivalency” from the U.S. site, or “Canadian equivalency” from the Canada site.
- Fill in your contact information on the form. Make sure your contact information is filled in correctly before clicking the “continue” button. (After your degree equivalency report is generated, a copy of the report will be sent to the email address you provided.)
- Follow the instructions on the Degree Equivalency Tool page and provide the required information:
- Your country or territory of education
- Name of degree or diploma
- Your major or field of study
- Number of years of study
- Institution attended
After providing information for your first credential, you can add another degree to evaluate. Once again, you should provide all the requested information about the new credential(s). Then, review it to make sure all the information is correct, and click the “continue” button.
- You should now be able to review your degree equivalency report. Here is a sample report to show you what you can expect:
About Your Degree Equivalency Tool Results
If you want to access your degree equivalency report at a later time, simply check your inbox. There, you will find the same report sent to the email address you provided.
Please also note that all degree equivalency results are based on information you enter. This means that they are not based on verified information or official documents. Therefore, you cannot use these results as proof that you attended an institution or earned a degree. When you order an official report, WES could recommend different equivalency upon document verification and analysis.
How to Obtain an Official Credential Evaluation
Any equivalency obtained through the Degree Equivalency Tool is not official and is for your information only. Academic institutions, licensing boards, immigration bodies, and employers will require an official evaluation report from an organization like WES. To prepare an official evaluation, WES requires that you submit official academic documents (including transcripts and degree certificates) for review.
To apply for a credential evaluation, visit this page.