Have you ever dreamed about studying abroad in the United States? Maybe you were not sure how to afford it. For Indian students looking for ways to finance study abroad, the search for specific information and opportunities can be overwhelming.
Good news: We have some tips to make it easier. Below you will find information about which scholarships are available for students from India.
If you are among those who dream about traveling from India to complete your studies in the United States, the infographic below will provide insights about your options and potential scholarships. With this information, you can also join the large number of international students studying abroad.
In the United States, there are over 4,000 colleges and universities. This means that there are a variety of options for you to choose from. Studying abroad in the U.S. can be an affordable option if you spend some time doing your research. The U.S. and Indian government agencies might also have special arrangements to help students study abroad, so make sure to check with your local government. International organizations, such as the United Nations, also help to make higher education accessible to many people.
Outside of these sources, remember that you can also potentially find more scholarships through the institution, foundation, or corporation that you are applying to.
For your convenience, we’ve linked some of the scholarships we’ve found that Indian students might be eligible for:
- Asia Pacific Leadership Program (APLP)
- East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship
- Global Engineering Education Exchange program (Global E3)
- DV Gokhale International Grants in Statistics Program
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA)
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships Program
- Asian Cultural Council Individual Grants
- Asian Development Bank Government of Japan Scholarship Program (ADB)
- Davis United World College Scholars Program
- Fort Hays State University Graduate Studies Scholarship for Indian Students
- Glendale Community College Bhupesh Parikh Scholarship Program
- Harvard Kennedy School International Student Fellowships
- Tennessee Tech University International Undergraduate Scholarships
- University of Toledo Sister Cities Award
- Yale University Fox International Fellowships
- Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Scholarships
We hope this was helpful! If so, please feel free to share this infographic with others who might also benefit from insights about study abroad scholarships for students from India.