Enter our new photo contest, opening on October 11, 2019, for a chance to win an Amazon gift card worth $75, $50, or $25 USD!
International Education Week (IEW) is an annual event that recognizes international students in the United States. This year, IEW takes place November 18-22, 2019. To celebrate, WES Advisor is hosting a photo contest!
You can enter for a chance to win prizes simply by posting photos on Facebook.
Find the contest details and official rules below. Good luck!
Photo Contest Theme
Today I Learned…
In a new country, you are constantly learning new things.
Whether it is a new word, a new fact, or a new way of looking at the world around you—you have become a constant student, inside and outside of the classroom. Our IEW 2019 photo contest celebrates the many ways to think about learning as both a student and a newcomer to the United States.
Whether it is a cool piece of knowledge you learned in the subject you came all this way to study, or just one of those special moments that makes you feel more at home in your new environment, we would like to share it with you.
Enter for a chance to win the grand prize: an Amazon.com gift card worth $75 USD!
Second place wins a $50 USD Amazon gift card.
Third place wins a $25 USD Amazon gift card.
Follow the steps below to make sure that your photo will qualify:
- First, you must “follow” WES Advisor on Facebook.
- Then, post photos to your own page that reflect the theme “Today I Learned…”
- Next: Add a caption. Your photo must be accompanied by no more than two short, descriptive sentences (in English) that explain the photo and its relation to the theme.
- You must tag @WESAdvisor in the caption of your photo.
- You must also use both of the following hashtags: #IEW2019 #TIL
- Be as creative as possible!
- Your photo must be your original work.
- Photos must be unedited.
- Avoid inappropriate subject matter.
- Submit photos of the highest resolution available to you.
- By entering the contest, WES has your permission to re-share your entries for promotional purposes (with appropriate credit to you).
The contest is open to all current international students who are studying at a university or college in the United States.
You may submit as many photos as you wish to the contest; however, a greater number of entries will not increase your chances of winning.
You are encouraged to post early and promote your photos. The number of “likes” and comments on your photo will not increase your chances of winning. However, all high performers will be eligible for a special invitation from WES!
All entries must remain active through November 25, 2019, when the winners will be announced in our newsletter and all winners will be sent their prizes (prior to 11:59 pm EDT). Taking down entries will disqualify winners from eligibility to receive their prizes.
- Contest opens: October 11 (12:01 am EDT)
- Contest closes: November 4 (11:59 pm EDT)
- Winners announced: November 18 via Facebook
- Winners publicized: November 25 via the WES Advisor Newsletter
- Prizes issued: November 25 (11:59 pm EDT)
If you have any questions about the photo contest, please send us a direct message via Facebook. We look forward to seeing your creative and inspiring photos!