WES Advisor Blog


by Alfredo Mejia,

WES Education Services

May 4, 2017

Based on your selection, you should choose an ECA evaluation. View sample report.

For immigration to Canada, you should choose an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). An ECA is required to apply to certain Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) programs. World Education Services (WES) is designated by IRCC to provide ECAs for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada.

With a WES ECA you can:

  • Meet IRCC ECA requirements (note for physician, pharmacists and architects)
  • Meet Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) requirements by selecting the respective PNP office as a recipient (This is highly recommended for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.)
  • Qualify for IRCC’s Agri-Food Immigration Pilot
  • Gain recognition for your education so you can pursue your goals in Canada
  • Store your report and verified educational documents for future use

Your WES ECA is valid for five years from the date of issue, and you can continue using your ECA when you submit a new Express Entry profile.

Your Express Entry profile is valid for one year from the date you submit a profile to IRCC. If you have not received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence after one year and still want to continue with Express Entry, you will need to complete and submit a new profile.

Note: WES does not evaluate occupational or trade qualifications. For more information about IRCC immigration programs, visit the IRCC website.

Next Steps


Enrollment Analytics


Enrollment Strategy


Custom Research