International Credential Evaluation for Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
Undergraduate applicants to FIT who are submitting academic transcripts from institutions outside of the United States must use WES to evaluate those credentials. Please refer to the Required Documents before submitting your academic credentials to WES.
Students who have completed the International Baccalaureate are not required to have their credentials evaluated by WES and should submit them directly to FIT.
FIT only accepts electronic evaluations from WES. All applicants must choose SUNY Fashion Institute of Technology as a recipient on the WES application. Additional fees apply. Paper evaluations from applicants will not be accepted.
Please submit to WES all credentials for the schools that you have listed on FIT's Academic History and Essay form.
Freshmen Applicants (Applicants who have completed, or are completing, secondary education ONLY)
- FIT requires a WES basic document-by-document evaluation.
- The fee for this type of evaluation is $100.00.
- The evaluation will be completed within 7 days after receipt of your application and secondary school documents as required by WES.
Transfer Applicants (Applicants who have completed, or are completing, post-secondary education)
- FIT requires a WES basic course-by-course evaluation.
- FIT requires that you submit your secondary school records to be evaluated by WES.
- The fee for this type of evaluation is $160.00 (regardless of the number of documents).
- The evaluation will be completed within 7 days after the receipt of your application AND all secondary and post-secondary school documents as required by WES.
To Apply to WES for Credential Evaluation:
Application and instructions
Required documents by country of education
Back to FIT