What is a credential evaluation?
WES credential evaluations enable you to understand the exact nature and equivalency of the educational background of prospective employees who were educated outside the Canada. Importantly, it also provides verification of the authenticity of credentials submitted.
WES is the leading credential service in North America. It employs over 200 professionals, from more than 30 countries around the world who are sensitive to concerns of foreign-educated clientele. The WES evaluators have extensive experience and training in Canadian, North American, and international education systems, and are recognized authorities in their fields.
How does a credential evaluation work?
- An employer refers an applicant with a non-Canadian degree to WES for an evaluation report.
- A WES evaluator is assigned who then verifies all relevant academic documents.
- The credentials are then evaluated, using various criteria including:
- Admissions requirements
- Education level
- Type of institution
- Objective of educational program
- Information measured against Canadian standards
- All grades and courses converted to Canadian equivalents
- Evaluation reviewed by senior evaluators.
- Completed evaluation sent to applicant and employer within 7 days from receipt of application and required documents.
- Hiring managers and human resources professionals can make decisions with confidence, knowing that the WES evaluation report provides an accurate evaluation of a candidate’s academic performance.
WES conducts extensive research on education systems and evaluation methodology and is at the center of a global
network of up-to-date information on international higher education. WES maintains an evaluation database – drawing
upon the carefully researched data compiled through the evaluation of more than 1 million evaluations - that contains
more than 45,000 foreign academic institutions, one million courses, 1500 grading scales, and 21,000 academic credentials - numbers that continue to
grow every day. It's our mission to be your source for international academic intelligence.